6 DAYS MACHAME ROUTE CLIMBING ITINERARY begins and ends at Safari Lodge in Arusha.
Arrive anytime at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), there will be a private transfer waiting at the airport to pick you to Arusha Safari Lodge.
All airport transfers are part of the package, no extra fee is required.
THE BEST MONTHS TO CLIMB KILIMANJARO.
Normally March, April, and May are the months with long rains and should be avoided.
November is usually short rains but it does not often rain all the days so Climbing is possible.
The best Months for climbing Mount Kilimanjaro are January, February, and also August and September.
July can be colder and November to December can be wet.
January to February is the warmest month, almost clear of clouds each evening and morning.
The success rates with our guides are outstanding compared to the overall success rates for all climbers who attempt to reach the top.
MOUNT KILIMANJARO 6 DAYS MACHAME ROUTE CLIMBING ITINERARY
The trekking cost for a group of 2 people is $1800 per person.
The trekking cost for a group of 3 people is $1750 per person.
The trekking cost for a group of 4 people is $1700 per person.
The trekking cost for a group of 5 people is $1650 per person.
The trekking cost for a group of 6 people is $1600 per person.
The trekking cost for a group of 8 or more people is $1550 per person.
Our trips are for active, flexible-minded people who enjoy the unusual and adventurous.
For trips that have an emphasis on mountain climbing and wildlife safari, you need to remember that even the easiest trekking or walking safari involves some exertion, so you should be reasonably fit and sure that you will enjoy the activity.
DAY 1: ARRIVE IN TANZANIA:
We stay at Arusha Safari Lodge, which is a beautiful Hotel located on the lower slopes of Mount Meru and is a perfect place to prepare you for adventure.
We will gather in the evening at 5:30 pm for a pre-climb briefing and an equipment check.
We will also confirm you have the appropriate mandatory medical coverage and travel insurance.
Dinner and overnight at Arusha Safari Lodge: Bed, dinner, and Breakfast-included.
DAY 2: MACHAME GATE TO MACHAME HUT (FULL BOARD)
The climb starts from Machame gate (1830m), we walk through the lush lower slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Slowly gaining altitude while enjoying the diverse flora and fauna of the rain forest, you will arrive at the first Machame Hut, situated at 3000m above sea level
It is a clear day we may get our first closer look at the glaciated dome of Kibo if the evening clouds permit.
Machame Gate to Machame Hut (3,000 m): 6-7 hours walking.
DAY 3: MACHAME CAMP TO SHIRA CAMP (FULL BOARD)
A shorter day climbing up a steep ridge to reach a small semicircular cliff known as a picnic site, and continue up a gentler ascent through the lower alpine moorland, which is known for beautiful wild alpine flowers. The most spectacular views of the Kibo peak can be seen from Shira Camp.
Machame Hut to Shira Camp (3,840m); 4-6 hours walking.
DAY 4: SHIRA CAMP TO BARRANCO VALLEY (FULL BOARD)
Today we walk on a gentle ascent and panoramic views. We traverse the southwest side of Kilimanjaro, passing underneath the Lava Tower and the final section of the Western Breach and after hot lunch the bottom of the Lava Tower (4,600 m.) we descend to the bottom of the Great Barranco valley (3,900 m.).
Shira Camp to Barranco valley (3,900 m.): 5-7 hours walking.
DAY 5: BARRANCO CAMP TO BARAFU CAMP (FULL BOARD)
A steep climb up the eastern wall leads us just below the Heim Glacier, where we may have some spectacular views of Kilimanjaro. We then take a steep exit up the Great Barranco Wall, which divides us from the southeastern slopes of Kibo, the trail continues down into the alpine desert of the Karanga Valley. After a short break for a hot lunch, we take a steep climb out of Karanga, and an easy path on compacted scree with wide views through this empty and dry landscape up to Barafu Camp. The two peaks Kibo and Mawenzi can be seen from Barafu Camp. After a hot lunch at the Camp, The remainder of the day is spent resting as we prepare for the final ascent before an early night summit walk.
Barranco Camp to Barafu Camp (4,600 m): 7-9 hours walking.
DAY 6: BARAFU CAMP TO SUMMIT TO MWEKA CAMP (FULL BOARD)
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We begin a steep climb over loose volcanic scree has some well-graded zig-zags and a slow but steady pace will take us to the rim of the main crater, Stella Point, at 5,735m. We will rest there for a few minutes to enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling good can continue slowly to make the two hour round trip from here along the crater rim to the main peak (5,895 m), which is the highest point in Africa. After a few minutes to appreciate your accomplishment we descend to Barafu is amazingly fast, and we stop at Barafu Camp for some refreshment, we continue to descend to reach Mweka Camp.
Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Camp (3100 m): 13-15 hours walking.
DAY 7: DESCENT – MWEKA CAMP TO MWEKA GATE TO ARUSHA (FULL BOARD)
A gentle walk takes us down through the rainforest to Mweka gate successful climbers will receive their summit certificates. After lunch, we drive back to Arusha Safari Lodge.
Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate: 3-5 hours walking.
Dinner and overnight at Arusha Safari Lodge: Bed, dinner, and Breakfast-included.
DAY 8: DEPARTING DAY:
After saying bye to our team of guides then you need a private departure transfer which is included from Arusha to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) for your flight unless you have an option to have a short safari or any other option we will discuss.
TREKKING KILIMANJARO FOR CHARITY CHALLENGE?
The above climb can be undertaken for your own personal charity or group charity.
KILIMANJARO-MACHAME ROUTE 6 DAYS TREKKING ITINERARY INCLUDES:
• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
• Return transfers Kilimanjaro airport to Arusha and Arusha to Kilimanjaro airport
• Hotel Lodging the night before and the night after the climb, with dinner and breakfast included (double occupancy)
• with bed dinner and breakfast
• Transfer from your hotel to starting point for your climb and return to your hotel after your climb
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping fees, and climbing permits.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew as per guidelines set by Kilimanjaro National Park
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs) from one camp to the next camp.
• Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
• A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro travel info pack
• Flying Doctor Service
KILIMANJARO-MACHAME ROUTE 6 DAYS TREKKING ITINERARY EXCLUDES:
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US $ 230 to US $ 300 per hiker – depending on the number of days / how many hikers in the group and route chosen)
• South African passport holders do NOT require a visa for Tanzania, however, most other nationalities require a visa for Tanzania
• Health requirements (Yellow Fever compulsory if traveling to Tanzania recommended)
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Optional but highly recommended Portable toilet
• Snacks, personal medicine, and water purifying tablets
• Meals & drinks not specified and snacks.
Success is what we want during our trip. We are prepared for any urgent situation and also have in place a complete evacuation procedure in case of altitude sickness. We carry first aid supplies, supplement summit oxygen, and Pulse Oximeters).
all customers traveling with Tanzania On Foot are required to have fully comprehensive travel insurance.
The policy needs to be valid from the date that the initial order is placed so as to provide cover for a cancellation prior to departure.
During travel, the insurance needs to provide comprehensive medical, evacuation, and repatriation cover.