7 DAYS RONGAI ROUTE CLIMBING ITINERARY begins and ends at Kilimanjaro Mountain Resort in Marangu.
Arrive anytime at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), there will be a private transfer waiting at the airport to pick you at Kilimanjaro Mountain Resort in Marangu.
All airport transfers are part of the package, no extra fee is required.
THE BEST MONTHS TO CLIMB KILIMANJARO.
Normally March, April, and May are the months with long rains and should be avoided.
November is usually short rains but it does not often rain all the days so Climbing is possible.
The best Months for climbing Mount Kilimanjaro are January, February, and also August and September.
July can be colder and November to December can be wet.
January to February is the warmest month, almost clear of clouds each evening and morning.
The success rates with our guides are outstanding compared to the overall success rates for all climbers who attempt to reach the top.
MOUNT KILIMANJARO 7 DAYS RONGAI ROUTE CLIMBING ITINERARY
The trekking cost for a group of 2 people is $1900 per person.
The trekking cost for a group of 3 people is $1850 per person.
The trekking cost for a group of 4 people is $1800 per person.
The trekking cost for a group of 5 people is $1750 per person.
The trekking cost for a group of 6 people is $1700 per person.
The trekking cost for a group of 8 or more people is $1650 per person.
Our trips are for active, flexible-minded people who enjoy the unusual and adventurous.
For trips that have an emphasis on mountain climbing and wildlife safari, you need to remember that even the easiest trekking or walking safari involves some exertion, so you should be reasonably fit and sure that you will enjoy the activity.
DAY1: ARRIVE IN TANZANIA:
We stay at Kilimanjaro Mountain Resort, which is a beautiful Hotel located on the lower slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro and is a perfect place to prepare you for adventure.
We will gather in the evening at 5:30 pm for a pre-climb briefing and an equipment check.
We will also confirm you have the appropriate mandatory medical coverage and travel insurance.
Dinner and overnight at Kilimanjaro Mountain Resort: Bed, Dinner and Breakfast included.
DAY 2: RONGAI CAMP (FULL BOARD)
After an early breakfast in Marangu, you will drive to the Rongai (Nalemoru) Gate near the Kenya border. We begin our climb on this unspoiled wilderness route. The walk then starts to climb consistently, but gently through attractive forest that shelters a variety of wildlife. The forest begins to thin out and the first camp is at the edge of the moorland zone (2600 m.) with extensive views over the Kenyan plains.
The first day is only a half-day walk.
Nalemoru Gate to Rongai Camp (2,600 m): 3-4 hours walking.
DAY 3: RONGAI SECOND CAVE (FULL BOARD)
The morning walk is a steady ascent up to the Second Cave, (3,450m) with superb views of Kibo and the Eastern ice fields on the crater rim. After hot lunch, we have free time to rest at the camp or in the afternoon we can explore the surrounding area for an acclimatization walk to Third Cave.
Rongai Camp to Second Cave (3,450 m): 3-4 hours walking.
DAY 4: RONGAI KIKELELWA CAVE (FULL BOARD)
Gradual rise through beautiful open moorland towards jagged pinnacles of Mawenzi to Kikelelwa Camp (3679m) we reach in the late afternoon at Kikelelwa Caves for dinner and overnight at the camp.
Second Cave to Kikelewa Cave (3.600 m): 3-4 hours walking.
DAY 5: MAWENZI TURN (FULL BOARD)
A Short but steep ascent to Mawenzi Tarn (4330m). Leave the vegetation behind shortly before reaching the next camp at Mawenzi Tarn. The afternoon is free to help your acclimatization.
Kikelelwa Cave to Mawenzi Tarn (4,330m):3-4 hours walking.
DAY 6: MAWENZI TURN TO KIBO HUT (FULL BOARD)
Today we cross the lunar desert of the saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo hut (4700m), at the bottom of the Kibo Crater wall by early afternoon. There is no running water at Kibo Hut. The remainder of the day is spent relaxing in preparation for the final ascent before a very early night.
Mawenzi Turn to Kibo Hut (4,700m); 5-6 hours walking.
DAY 7: KIBO HUT TO SUMMIT TO HORROMBO HUT (FULL BOARD)
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We begin a steep climb over loose volcanic scree has some well-graded zig-zags and a slow but steady pace will take us to the rim of the main crater, Gillman’s 5,685 m. We will rest there for a few minutes to enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling good can continue slowly to make the three hour round trip from here along the crater rim to Uhuru peak 5,895 m. which is the highest point in Africa. After a few minutes to appreciate your accomplishment we descend to Kiko Hut is amazingly fast, and we stop at Kibo Hut for some refreshment, we continue to descend to reach Horrombo Hut.
Kibo Hut to Summit to Horombo Hut (3100 m): 13-15 hours walking.
DAY 8: HORROMBO HUT (FULL BOARD)
Today we will descend past Mandara Hut to Marangu Gate, successful climbers will receive their summit certificates.
From here you will be transferred to Kilimanjaro Mountain Resort for dinner and overnight.
Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate. (6-7 hours walking).
Dinner and overnight at Kilimanjaro Mountain Resort: Bed, Dinner, and Breakfast included.
DAY 9: DEPARTING DAY:
After saying bye to our team of guides then you need a private departure transfer which is included from Marangu to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) for your flight unless you have an option to have a short safari or any other option we will discuss.
TREKKING KILIMANJARO FOR CHARITY CHALLENGE?
The above climb can be undertaken for your own personal charity or group charity.
MOUNT KILIMANJARO-RONGAI ROUTE 7 DAYS TREKKING INCLUDES:
• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
• Return transfers Kilimanjaro airport to Marangu and Marangu to Kilimanjaro airport
• Hotel Lodging the night before and the night after the climb, with dinner and breakfast included (double occupancy)
• with bed dinner and breakfast
• Transfer from your hotel to starting point for your climb and return to your hotel after your climb
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping fees, and climbing permits.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew as per guidelines set by Kilimanjaro National Park
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs) from one camp to the next camp.
• Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
• A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro travel info pack
• Flying Doctor Service
MOUNT KILIMANJARO-RONGAI ROUTE 7 DAYS TREKKING EXCLUDES:
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US $ 230 to US $ 300 per hiker – depending on the number of days / how many hikers in the group and route chosen)
• South African passport holders do NOT require a visa for Tanzania, however, most other nationalities require a visa for Tanzania
• Health requirements (Yellow Fever compulsory if traveling to Tanzania recommended)
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Optional but highly recommended Portable toilet
• Snacks, personal medicine, and water purifying tablets
• Meals & drinks not specified and snacks.
Success is what we want during our trip. We are prepared for any urgent situation and also have in place a complete evacuation procedure in case of altitude sickness. We carry first aid supplies, supplement summit oxygen, and Pulse Oximeters).
all customers traveling with Tanzania On Foot are required to have fully comprehensive travel insurance.
The policy needs to be valid from the date that the initial order is placed so as to provide cover for a cancellation prior to departure.
During travel, the insurance needs to provide comprehensive medical, evacuation, and repatriation cover.